Deputy Applications: Financial and Health & Welfare
5 hours CPD
On occasions we go to take instructions and find the client’s capacity is at best questionable. Either we walk away and lose a client or advise on deputy application.
Deputy orders are similar to Lasting Powers of Attorney, except the process of making them is different. This course will take you step by step through how to make a deputy application, helping you keep your clients and provide a suitable service to them.
Craig Ward MSc Solicitor wrote the book on Lasting Powers of Attorney (2016) which contains guidance on making deputy orders. He will talk you through what advice to provide, how to look for potential problems and manage them with both financial and health and welfare deputies.
This course takes you through:
- Advising clients on making deputy application
- Court of Protection case law
- How to complete the different types of forms and wording to use
- Making an application using real life examples
- Problems which may arise and how to manage them
Location: Chancery House, Whisby Way, Lincoln
2018 Dates TBA
Course Price: Members –
CPD Hours: 5