New training opportunity for 2024!
The College of Will Writing is pleased to provide an overview of the issues that may need to be taken into consideration when advising LGBTQ+ clients.
This online session lasts two hours and includes:
- The importance of asking about pronouns and chosen titles and not making assumptions about relationships
- Alternative relationship structures, including non-monogamous relationships
- The impact of IVF and surrogacy on Wills and legal relationships
- Gender Recognition and its impact on Wills, LPAs and relationships
- The impact of family homophobia and estrangement on estate planning
- Potential claims arising under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Health conditions and their impact on long-term care
18th January via Teams (10:00 – 12:00)
16th April via Teams (10:00 – 12:00)
£50 SWW Member Rate
£75 Non-SWW Member Rate
About the Tutor:
Kirsty Limacher is a Private Client Solicitor with 16 years experience and she started Sherlock Legal Consulting to enable her to give legal advice on a consultancy basis to the LGBTQ+ community.
Kirsty is an LGBTQ+ Lawyer and a passionate advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. She aims to provide a safe space for members of the community and our allies to access advice on Wills and Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney, and other Private Client matters.
Book Your PlaceBook Your Place