Brand new course for 2020!
Making a will is fairly straightforward, making a valid one takes a little more time.
This course aims to demonstrate how to draft a negligent will. In drafting such a will practitioners will develop their skills in identifying problems and pitfalls in drafting practice.
The course updates practitioners with current developments and recent case law in drafting, together with advanced skills in will preparation and advising clients. To assist in learning practical worked examples will be used throughout the course.
The course will cover,
- Valid Will drafting update
- Duty of Care in drafting
- Testamentary capacity update
- Negligent Will drafting
- End of life issues
- Funeral planning problems
- Tax – IHT and CGT
- Advising on Probate and Intestacy
- Professional ethics
- Developing an emergency will kit
- Practical worked examples of wills and problems
The course is intended for practitioners who already draft wills and are keen to improve both their drafting skills and to extend their practice.
- 22nd April from 10:00 – 4:00.