Dates have yet to be confirmed so watch this space !
A two day trust course designed for delegates with an already existing basic knowledge of trusts.
This course is a good follow on from our one day introduction to trusts course and provides a more in depth understanding of trusts and their administration.
- Formalities of a trust, an explanation of the role of the trustee and their duties
- An explanation of the different types of lifetime trusts and their administration
- A look into trust clauses using case studies
- Taking instructions from clients
- Identifying when assets transferred into trust will attract entry and anniversary charges
- Tax mitigation or protection with trusts – the importance of early identification
- The life cycle of a trust
- Looking after vulnerable beneficiaries in trusts
- How to wind a trust up
- Appointing out trust assets and a study of the documentation required to do so
- Selling of the trust property and purchase of a new one including the trustees responsibilities
- Sham trusts – where trusts can go wrong
I really enjoyed the course and feel so much more confident now about being able to guide clients through the basics, which is what I hoped to achieve from it. So, thank you, you did a great job keeping us all listening and learning – KS
“Thanks for the course on Wednesday, as someone new to this area it has given me a good place to start building my knowledge and I look forward to attending more courses with you.” – F.M. – Feb ’19
“Thank you for the course on Tuesday and Wednesday, it was really useful and you made it all nice and clear for me.” – S.A. – Feb ’19