This 2-day course is designed to give a better understanding of how to help clients make informed decisions on whether to utilise their property wealth now or in the future.
With clients looking to retire on just their state pensions, utilising their property wealth may be the only option to be able to enjoy their retirement.
Over the 2 days we will cover the following:
- Current views on Equity Release
- What is Equity Release and how does it work?
- Guarantees and options for clients to consider
- Compound Interest vs Interest Only
- Why clients consider Equity Release
- Client Journey – 5 stages
- Alternatives and Implications
- Early Repayment Charges
- Why should Equity Release be discussed?
- Care Implications / Deprivation of Assets
- State Benefits – Current and future entitlement
- The legal process
- Assessing Vulnerability and Capacity to Contract
- Sign Posting and Objection Handling
- FCA & Equity Release Council
- Where are the clients
- Compliance – reputable advice
- Example Documents – what to look for if your client has done Equity release
- Protecting your advice
- Case Studies – the good and the bad
- 11th – 12th July, 10am – 4pm both days.
Susan Wilmot Rowe, Equity Release Specialist – SWR Equity Release Services Ltd